It’s been a jam-packed June!!
Eight new members joined this month! A big welcome to:
Lou Marie Soto
from the chapter
You’ve picked an amazing time to be a member of ATDCFL! With so much going on, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to network, learn, and be part of the conversation!
In June, we kicked off our SIG’s. No, these are not Special Interest Groups. At ATDCFL, we put our own twist on these Super Interesting Groups, which are our informal online meetings focusing on different areas of interest, such as Techspace (eLearning) and Job Hunterz (career support). There are even more SIG’s to come! This is a great way to have purposeful networking events and learn something new at the same time.
In addition to all our SIG’s, we were jam packed full of webinars in June. First, we started with Roger Grannis’ “Selling to the Seller” where we learned the principles on how salespeople are best engaged and motivated to learn, which improves product training. Then our very own Zizo Aku and Rosa Espinal led the “ATDCFL Networking Event” to explore ways to stay connected, transition careers and use ATD resources to upskill ourselves. Our “Financial Literacy 101” event with Cherly Blakeney and Calen Potter-Valmond educated us on the rules of money and how to grow, protect and save our money. Finally, Jason Raimondi hosted, “Hospitality Anew: Reopening L&D Strategies” where he offered insight on welcoming back staff into a new mindset of service to guests. All great stuff! In case you didn’t know, our digital encounters are available on our member website in case you missed it or want to check it out again. Once logged in, go to Members Only, then Digital Encounters. Webinars are sorted by first name of presenter. Watch or re-watch all the great events we’ve had.
- On July 8th, check out our next TechSpace eLearning SIG with Alex Salas.
- On July 13th and July 27th, we’re once again rocking our Job Hunterz SIGs, hosted by Rosa Espinal, which will discuss “Best Practices for Updating Your Resume” and “Interviewing in a COVID World” respectively.
- On July 14th, Valary Oleinik will host, “MacGyver Your Training & Create Raving Fans” where we will learn how to creatively solve problems and stay resourceful and flexible in our approach.
- On July 15th, Pat Michaels will show us “The Art & Science of Crafting Killer Facilitator Guides,” helping us to create a consistent look and feel of facilitator guides while building them in the least number of steps.
- On July 22nd, we will kick off our newest SIG: “ATD Certification” with our very own Zizo Aku to discuss all the changes with the New Capability Model and updates to the APTD Certification process.
WANT TO BE PART OF THE ACTION?
We are looking for Volunheroes! It takes true passion and dedication to make this chapter as awesome as it is. We are able to achieve excellence thanks to our Volunheroes! Click “apply now” to become one today!