Would "July" to know what we've been up to?
Three new members joined this month! A big welcome to:
from the chapter
During the month of July, we kept busy hosting webinars and events to provide you with plenty of opportunities to learn and grow!
Our SIGs, which began in June, continued this month. Rosa Espinal hosted “Job Hunterz: Stand Out! Best Practices for Updating Your Resume”, the second session of our Job Hunterz SIG. This session focused on how to optimize your resume and ensured attendees left feeling confident that they would stand out amongst other applicants. The third session, “Job Hunterz: Interviewing in a COVID World”, was also held this month and focused on best interviewing practices in the virtual environment. Zizo Aku hosted our “ATD Certification SIG”, during which changes in the new ATD Competency Model were discussed.
In terms of webinars, there was something for everyone in the ATDCFL community. Valary Oleinik hosted “MacGyver Your Training and Create Raving Fans”, in which participants learned ways to develop creative problem-solving skills. Pat Michaels hosted “The Art and Science of Crafting Killer Facilitator Guides”. Attendees of this webinar learned how to create effective facilitation guides, for both virtual and in-person trainings. Lastly, Suzan Hochstetler hosted “Master Your Next Job Interview”, where participants learned how to apply results of the TetraMap instrument to highlight skills and adaptability during job interviews.
We look forward to seeing you at our events and SIGs in August! Remember, all webinars can be viewed by clicking “Digital Encounters” under the “Members Only” drop-down on our homepage.
- On August 11th, we will learn about "Embracing the Digital Workplace” from Adrian La Sala. In this webinar, Adrian will address and explain how various digital tools can be used effectively while working remotely.
- On August 12th, Alex Salas will host the second and last session of our TechSpace e-Learning SIG.
- On August 13th, we will learn about “Preparing Today’s Workforce for Tomorrow” with Keith Keating, where we’ll discuss helping our employees adapt to technologies and challenges of the future.
- On August 17th, our Job Hunterz SIGs continue as we discuss “Social Media for Career Seekers” with our very own Rosa Espinal.
- Also on August 17th, ATD will host “Facilitating Virtual Training”, a certificate course where attendees will learn the skills needed to successfully facilitate training in a remote environment.
- On August 18th, we are joined by Sarah Schairer, who will teach us about having “Self-Compassion in the Workplace”. In this webinar, Sarah will discuss how L&D professionals can promote a culture of resiliency and self-compassion to prevent burnout and better manage stress.
- On August 25th, we will learn to think outside the box with Jimbo Clark during “Hack Your Box for a Sustainable Life”.
- On August 27th, Keith Keating will host “Design Thinking: From Theory to Application (Part 1: Theory). In the first part of Keith’s sessions, we will learn about the foundations of design thinking, how it has been effectively applied by Fortune 500 companies and how it can be applied to other L&D organizations.
WANT TO BE PART OF THE ACTION?
We are looking for Volunheroes! It takes true passion and dedication to make this chapter as awesome as it is. We are able to achieve excellence thanks to our Volunheroes! Click “apply now” to become one today!