Introduction to eLearning and Learning Technologies
Friday, February 21st, 2014
9:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Florida Virtual Schools
2145 Metrocenter Blvd. Suite 100, Orlando, FL 32835
Are you new to eLearning? Have you been asked to create web-based training? Are you trying to expand your Learning & Development skills to include ISD? If so, this entry-level eLearning event is designed for you.
The Central Florida ASTD chapter has recognized a need within the membership base and has decided to devote a day-long event to this growing portion of the L&D industry.
Some of the topics we intend to introduce and discuss with you include:
- What constitutes eLearning – Online PowerPoint presentations all the way to the Flipped Classroom model
- An introduction into the basics such as terminology, how the pieces work together, and what it takes to bring eLearning to your learners
- A discussion around the key features of an LMS and the different types of LMS’s
- A high-level comparison of different tools for rapid eLearning development with a focus on the primary tools from Adobe and Articulate.
- Learn about the basics of several different ISD models, including ADDIE, SAM/AGILE, and Four-Door
- Learn the secret weapons of many professional eLearning developers that keep them informed and inspired, so they can innovate as needed.
This day-long event is being hosted by the winner of the CFC ASTD Learning & Development Organization of Year for 2013 – the Florida Virtual School – at their location in Metro West. Your discussion leaders will be professionals in the field and active participants in the CFC ASTD Learning Technologies SIG.
In conjunction with this event, the Florida Virtual School is hosting our February complimentary virtual chapter event on moving from a physical classroom to a virtual classroom.
Our intent, starting with this event is to develop a growth path for any L&D professional that wants to explore this mode of training delivery. That path includes:
- The February virtual chapter meeting
- This entry-level eLearning Day
- The eLearning Guild’s event, Learning Solutions in March
- ISD Bootcamp over the summer
- Our Advanced eLearning Day that will occur in September
The best part of all of this is that the price is right! Our goal is to educate and inform you. Therefore, we are working to make this event as affordable as we can. For our members, we are offering this introduction to eLearning day for a value price of $30 per person. For non-members, we are offering it to you for a price of $50 per person. To keep costs down, we are not providing lunch. Please plan to bring your own or prepare to grab a meal and network with your colleagues.